As the weather turns warmer, the City of Annapolis welcomes several significant events in downtown, including Maryland Day events on March 25-26, the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade and African Diaspora event on Saturday, April 2, and the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show Friday, April 29 through Sunday, May 1.
Before attending these events, visitors are encouraged to check in at www.accessannapolis.com and make a plan for parking and transit because construction is slated to begin soon on the Noah Hillman Garage in downtown.
During the boat show, the City Dock surface lot, Donner surface lot and Basil surface lot will be closed. These lots are open and operational during the other events, but some of the spaces may be limited or restricted.
When Hillman garage goes offline, there remain more than 3,400 parking spaces available in Annapolis. Transit options to get visitors from garages into downtown will include the Circulator Shuttle and a separate Electric Trolley running more frequently between parking assets close to downtown. Reserved close-in garage parking for the Spring Sailboat Show can be pre-purchased by visiting www.AnnapolisParking.com. An additional 1,000 spaces are available at Navy Stadium with a $2 shuttle to and from Lawyer’s Mall (Bladen at College Avenue).
CIRCULATOR SHUTTLE: The Circulator will make a continuous loop from Park Place to City Dock. Download the Annapolis Circulator app on Apple or Android or visit the website to track the shuttle’s location in real time. The Circulator shuttle will stop at or near the following garages:
- Park Place Garage, One Park Place (enter on the side by Miss Shirley’s)
- West Garrett, 275 West Street
- Knighton Garage, 1A Colonial Avenue
- Graduate Hotel, 126 West Street
- Gotts Garage, 25 Northwest Street (walk to West Street at Calvert)
- Larkin Lot (surface lot), Larkin Street off West Street
- Visitor Center (surface lot), Northwest Street at Calvert Street
- South Street (surface lot), South Street off of Church Circle
TEN-MINUTE TROLLEY: The inner downtown ten-minute Electric Trolley will make a continuous loop from Calvert at West Street to Market Space and can be flagged down at any point along the route. Pickups are available at the following garages:
- Gotts Garage, 25 Northwest Street
- Whitmore Garage, 25 Clay Street
- Calvert Street Garage, 19 St. Johns Street
During the Spring Sailboat Show, street parking in downtown will be restricted to RESIDENTS ONLY on the following streets:
- Prince George Street from Craig Street to East Street
- Randall Street from Prince George Street to King George Street
- East Street from Prince George Street to King George Street
- Green Street, Newman Street, and St. Mary’s Street.
ROAD CLOSURES: During the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade, there will be rolling road closures for the parade along West Street, Church Circle, Main Street and Dock Street beginning at noon on April 2. For more information on the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. parade, visit: MLK Parade on Facebook.
For information on Maryland Day Events, visit: www.marylandday.org.
For information on the Annapolis Spring Boat Show, visit www.annapolisboatshows.com.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR and MAKE PLANS FOR OTHER UPCOMING PARADES IN DOWNTOWN ANNAPOLIS:
- Monday, May 30, City of Annapolis Memorial Day Parade;
- Saturday June 4, Annapolis Pride Parade and Festival;
- Saturday, June 18, Annapolis Juneteenth Parade and Festival; and
- Monday, July 4, City of Annapolis Independence Day Parade.