- This event has passed.
Annapolis Rising Benefit Concert
July 28, 2018
The City of Annapolis will be hosting a benefit concert on Saturday, July 28 for the victims’ families and survivors of June 28’s mass shooting at The Capital Gazette building in Annapolis. The concert will also promote freedom of the press and its importance to our country’s democracy.
To assist attendees of this event, the following parking and transportation options will be available:
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium: Preferred parking is available at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Rowe Boulevard side of lot) for $10, with proceeds going to the victims’ fund. Free shuttles will be transporting Navy stadium parkers to the event.
Limited, Free Parking at State Garage: There will be limited, free parking available at the State Garage located at 19 St Johns Street. Large crowds are expected for the event, so please be advised that these spaces are expected to fill up early.
Reserved Parking for a Guaranteed Space: Pre-paid parking will be offered at a premium price for those who wish to guarantee a space at one of the City’s garages downtown. Since parking will be limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis, reserved parking is encouraged. With reserved parking, you will receive a guaranteed space within steps of the festival venue, and you will be able to enter at any time on Saturday, July 28th and exit by 8AM, Sunday, July 29th.
Reserved Parking Rates:
- Gott’s: $30
- Hillman: $30
- Knighton: $25
Important Notes About Parking and Traffic for the Festival:
- Traffic and Parking in the area around the festival are expected to be congested. We appreciate your patience in making the festival a success.
- Gotts Garage: Calvert Street will be closed, so entry / exit will occur on Northwest Street only.
- The garage will be staffed to assist throughout the facility, including the exit.
- If you don’t pre-purchase parking, please pay the Pay On Foot Machine located near the Calvert Street entry/exit plaza before returning to your car.
- For a brief period of time at the conclusion of the festival, traffic will exit both to the left (toward Calvert Street) and right (toward Church Circle), flowing both ways on Northwest Street to facilitate egress.