‘Love is in the Air’ as Annapolis Offers Free Two-Hour Metered Parking with ParkMobile App for Valentine’s Day
The City of Annapolis is offering two hours of free parking as an incentive to use ParkMobile on ❤ Valentine’s Day ❤. Residents and visitors who enter the code “ParkDTA” on the ParkMobile smartphone app will receive two hours free beginning at 10 a.m. and ending at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020. After 7:30 p.m., meters are free even without Parkmobile. ParkMobile also offers a toll-free number for those who don’t use a smartphone. The toll-free number 877-727-5758 (or 877 PARK 758) is posted on meters and signage.
“This is a chance for people to shop for Valentine’s Day gifts, or to take their special someone out for a meal and incentivize them to come downtown,” said Acting Mayor Rhonda Pindell-Charles. “It is also a way for us to encourage people to get used to the smartphone parking app in downtown.”
The City is also using February 14 as a way to continue its successful holiday social media campaign: #LoveAnnapolis, #ShopAnnapolis, by encouraging residents and visitors to the City to use those hashtags when shopping or dining in Annapolis.
In order to get the most out of the ParkMobile smartphone app, know before you go! The City offers these tips:
- Download the ParkMobile app onto your smartphone before you make your trip downtown (ideally from a wifi hotspot).
- Set up your ParkMobile account on your desktop or smartphone. Account details include name, address, make and model of your vehicle(s), tag number(s), and credit card account information (you will not be charged at setup or with free parking promotions).
- When you park at a downtown meter, get the zone code off the meter or allow location-enabled services on your phone to auto-input the zone code.
- Select the amount of time (maximum is two hours free).
- On the final screen, input the promo code “ParkDTA” to get your two hours of free parking.
Parking meters in the City that will accept the ParkMobile “ParkDTA” code include meters in downtown and inner West Street neighborhoods.
The ParkMobile smartphone app is currently used approximately 12,500 times per month in Annapolis and can be used in hundreds of cities in the US and Canada, including Washington, DC, and Maryland cities like Chevy Chase, Bethesda, College Park, Adelphi and Ocean City. It is also available for parking at popular locations like Nats Stadium.