The City of Annapolis is preparing for the gubernatorial inauguration on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023. The official swearing-in will take place at noon inside the State House, followed by a public ceremony on the northwest side of the State House (facing Lawyer’s Mall). For information specific to inauguration ceremonies, please visit mooremillerinauguration.com.
PARKING AND TRAFFIC
- North Street traveling towards State Circle will be closed to traffic. North Street traveling towards College Avenue will be open, but will be a no parking zone.
- State Circle between North and School Streets will be closed to both traffic and parking. The entire area of Lawyer’s Mall will be a restricted area with no pedestrian traffic permitted.
- Maryland Avenue between State Circle and Prince George Street will be a no parking zone.
- State Circle will be a no parking zone.
- Francis Street between Main Street and State Circle will be a no parking zone.
- College Avenue between Prince George Street and St. Johns Street will be a no parking zone.
- Calvert Street between Bladen Street and Northwest Street will be a no parking zone.
- St. Johns Street between Calvert Street and College Avenue will be a no parking zone.
Starting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023 (until approximately 4 p.m. on Jan. 18):
- ROAD CLOSURES: State Circle, North Street, School Street, Francis Street, Bladen Street, College Avenue (Church Circle to Prince George Street), East Street (State Circle to Fleet Street), and Maryland Avenue (Prince George Street to State Circle). All parking restrictions will be posted with signage 48 hours prior. Please be alert to temporary parking signage. Due to security protocols, parking restrictions will be strictly enforced.
ATTENDING THE INAUGURATION:
- Free parking for inaugural attendees will be available at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Taylor Ave: Gates 5 and 6), then take the free shuttle between the stadium and the inauguration location.
- For non-inaugural visitors, parking will be available at City garages including Park Place, Knighton and Gotts. From any of these garages, take the free Downtown “magenta” shuttle into Downtown (running approximately every 8 to 12 minutes).
On Wednesday, Jan. 18, Maryland State Police will set up security checkpoints and inspection sites at numerous locations around Downtown Annapolis. Businesses in the Downtown area should schedule deliveries before 6 a.m. or after 3 p.m. to reduce downtime for drivers due to these security checks and road closures. Maryland State Police suggest that all visitors give themselves extra time due to the need for heightened security.
Inaugural events will take place on January 18. The outdoor ceremony will begin at 12:30 p.m. Inaugural ceremony activities will conclude at approximately 2:30 p.m.
There will be a ceremonial 19-gun salute between 12:45 and 1 p.m. The Rowe Boulevard spur to Northwest Street will be temporarily closed while the salute occurs.
Sign up to receive essential traffic and safety information about Inauguration Day by texting ‘MOOREMILLER23’ to 38276, or using the QR code at right. Standard text message rates may apply. The Annapolis Call Center (410-260-2211) will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Jan. 18 for non-emergency questions. Call takers are trained to provide the public with pertinent information and to handle requests for City services.
RESIDENTIAL PARKNG PERMITS
Complete an application to receive a residential parking permit.