The Annapolis St. Patrick’s Parade Sunday, March 5 with step-off at 1 pm. In addition to the parade, the following events will take place the same weekend:
- The Annapolis Hooley, or Irish Party, will take place at Susan Campbell Park at City Dock from 5 to 10 p.m. on Friday, March 3 (ticketed event);
- Shamrock the Dock, a two-day concert and festival, will take place on Dock Street and Susan Campbell Park at City Dock on Saturday from noon to 10 p.m. (ticketed event) and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (free and open to the public).
The Sunday parade will begin just below Westgate Circle/Park Place and travel down West Street to Church Circle, go clockwise around the traffic circle to Main Street, continue down Main Street, and end at City Dock.
Parking Restrictions and Road Closures
- PARKING RESTRICTIONS: From Monday, February 27 to Tuesday, March 7, there will be no parking on Dock Street from the Harbormaster’s office to Susan Campbell Park. On Sunday, March 5, there will be no parking in the first block of West Street and along Main Street before and during the parade.
- ROAD CLOSURES: Dock Street will be closed, except for emergency vehicles, between the Harbormaster’s Office and Susan Campbell Park from Monday, February 27 to Tuesday, March 7. Streets along the parade route will close before 1 p.m. on Sunday, March 5, and are expected to remain closed until the conclusion of the parade, at approximately 3 p.m.
The best parking option is:
- Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium: Naptown Events, the event organizer, is sponsoring free shuttles from Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to Westgate Circle (for parade participants and watchers) and then to City Dock for those attending Shamrock the Dock. Parking at the stadium is $10 per vehicle. For more information, and to purchase tickets for the Hooley and Saturday’s Shamrock the Dock, visit www.naptownevents.com.
Other parking options are:
- West Street Garages: Visitors can park at Park Place, Knighton Garage or Gott’s Court Garage along the West Street corridor and take the free Magenta Shuttle downtown. Parking can be reserved online ahead of time at Knighton Garage and Gott’s Court Garage by visiting www.annapolisparking.com, navigating to the garage of your choice, and selecting “Buy Daily Parking.” Whitmore Garage on West Street is also free to the public Sunday, March 5.
- Ride the free Magenta Shuttle: Park at any one of the garages in the West Street corridor and take the Free Magenta Shuttle into downtown (view map). The Free Shuttle will conveniently get you to and from your destination. Here’s an informational video. To track the Shuttle in real-time, download and install the TransLoc app available on the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- State Garage: State Garage (aka Calvert Street Garage) at 19 St. John’s Street is also free to the public from Friday 6 pm to Monday 6 am.
To get up-to-date information on traffic, parking restrictions and road closures, text PADDY2023 to 38276.
RESIDENTIAL PARKNG PERMITS
Need a residential paring permit for yourself or your guest?
Complete an application to receive a residential parking permit.